Tear and Share Chilli Garlic Bread
These tear and share loaves are all the rage these days and we couldn’t ignore it any longer. There aren’t many things better than a freshly made chilli loaf. But freshly made bread that tears away from the loaf in perfect bite-sized pieces might just be one of them. These mini loaves are perfect dunked into Spicy Creole Chicken Casserole .
2 hours 15 mins
2 hours 50 mins
How to make it
- Put the flour in a bowl and add the salt and yeast (making sure they are added on opposite sides of the flour so the salt doesn’t damage the yeast).
- Add 30g butter and ¾ of the cool water and mix.
- Gradually add water until the dough is soft but not soggy and all the flour is incorporated.
- Put a small amount of olive oil on to a clean work surface and turn out your dough.
- Knead the dough by hand for about 10 mins until it is elastic and smooth.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and cover. Leave for about an hour to rise to at least double its size (could take longer).
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and ‘knock back’ by kneading the dough a few times until all air is taken out.
- Gently melt the remaining butter and mix in the garlic and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste.
- Separate dough into small balls and coat each one with a generous layer of the chilli butter mix.
- Arrange however you like in a lined baking tin. We opted for a ring shape to leave a space for a dip bowk in the centre.
- Cover and leave to prove for at least an hour until dough doubles in size again.
- Whilst proving, preheat your oven and when ready, bake your tear and share for approx. 30/35 mins or until hollow sounding when tapped.
- Allow to cool a little before serving et voila the perfect garlic and smoked chilli loaf!
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste