Uses Chipotle Paste
Pulled pork stuffed jalapenos are a great little idea for a starter or party food. Give it a go and enjoy the good life.
We replaced the usual jalapeños with sweet mini-peppers since they’re easier to get hold of in the UK. But any lost heat is sufficiently replaced by our chipotle paste. If you prefer a bit more spice – just go for it!
Of course, if you can get hold of fresh jalapeños, you could.
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the grated Cheddar, chipotle chilli paste, half the chives, the cream cheese, pulled pork and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Fill the pepper halves with the mixture.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top, lightly drizzle with olive oil, then cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are nicely golden.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon until crisp, then chop it very finely. Mix with the remaining chives.
- Remove the poppers from the oven, then sprinkle with the bacon and chives.