Mexican Stuffed Courgette
This stuffed courgette recipe is definitely one to try if you’re vegan or looking for a super healthy meal. Filled with protein (thanks to the chickpeas and kidney beans) and epic Mexican flavour (from our Habanero Taco Mix) the stuffed courgettes make a perfect main or vegetable side dish.
How to make it
- Start by washing the courgettes and cutting them in half lengthways.
- With a teaspoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving ½ inch shells. Spray the courgettes with coconut oil and season lightly with salt on both sides.
- Finely chop the flesh and set aside.
- Bake the courgettes for 20 minutes at 180C, just until slightly fork tender.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and pepper and cook with the vegetable oil.
- Once the onions soften, add the beans, chickpeas, sweet corn, chopped courgette flesh and the seasoning and sauté for 10 minutes
- Add the tomato sauce and allow mixture to simmer for 5-10 minutes on low heat until beans are soft.
- Scoop the mixture into the courgettes and bake for a further 10 minutes, to incorporate the flavours.
- Garnish with your favourite toppings, such as cilantro, parsley, onion, or even a dollop of guacamole.