Mexican Baked Beans
If you love recipes with baked beans, or just beans on toast you simply need to give our delicious Mexican Baked Beans recipe a go. Its as much comforting as it is delicious and guaranteed to bring delight! In addition to the beans, we’ve gently cooked garlic, onion, bacon & our version of a Chipotle Paste. It give this classic dish a lovely subtle spice and oodles of flavour. For a veggie/vegan version you can simply leave out the bacon.
How to make it
- Fry onion, garlic and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste in glug of olive oil over a low/medium heat until onion is nicely softened.
- Add bacon/pancetta and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add borlotti beans and oregano.
- Stir in tomato purée and a splash of water. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add a knob of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast some nice crusty bread.
- Serve on toast with parsley, parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.