Uses Chipotle Paste
Slow Roast Pork Belly
To get the best out of pork belly, it needs a combination of high and low temperatures. This slow roast pork belly recipe is glazed with our Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey and served over a bed of roasted root vegetables and it’s a great way to make the most of this delicious cut. This recipe would work with one large piece of pork belly.
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Lay pork belly in an oven proof dish and dry skin with paper towel. Score skin if not already done.
- Sprinkle salt over skin and rub into cuts.
- Place in oven for about 45mins to an hour, or until the skin is nice and crispy. A good tip is to rotate the dish every so often to get even exposure.
- Once happy with the crispiness (cook longer if necessary), remove from oven and lower temperature to 110C.
- Allow pork to cool enough to handle, remove from dish and cover with Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey (you might need to loosen the honey with a little hot water or pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds).
- In the dish you roasted the pork in, add the white wine, a splash of olive oil, the diced butternut squash and beetroot, whole garlic cloves, red onion and sprigs of thyme. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt & pepper and mix well.
- Lay pork belly on top of vegetables and return to oven for about an hour and a half, spooning liquid over pork every 15mins or so.