Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Verde
Our Enchilada cooking sauce with fresh tomatillos, mild jalapeño and garlic bring the flavour and your slow cooker does all the work.
This Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Verde is tender, delicious, and perfect to use in tacos, burritos, nachos, or serve it with rice, beans and Gran Luchito tortillas. On a summers evening the perfect accompaniment to this pork carnitas verde is this Panzanella Salad.
6-8 hours, 10 mins
How to make it
- Remove the fat from the pork shoulder (you can ask your butcher to do this for you).
- Season the pork with salt and pepper then heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Brown the pork shoulder on all sides and transfer to your slow cooker.
- Add a jar of the Enchilada Cooking Sauce and a sliced onion.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the meat pulls apart with a fork.
- Serve with Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps and enjoy delicious Pork Carnitas Verde.