Uses Chipotle Mayo
Slow Cooker Dhal With Smoky Chipotle
This deliciously dreamy slow cooker dhal is made with brown lentils, lots of lovely toasted spices, butter, fresh herbs and of course a dollop or two of our chipotle paste. This went down an absolute storm in our test kitchen, so give it a go and see what all the fuss is about. Just remember to put the lentils in soak the night before you want to cook it.
How to make it
- Soak the lentils overnight in plenty of water.
- Drain the lentils, then put in large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for about an hour. Drain and leave aside.
- Add the star anise, cloves, coriander seeds, garam masala, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and the half the cinnamon stick to a dry pan and toast gently for 3–4 minutes, but take care not to burn them. Reduce them to a fine powder in a food processor.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a deep pan over a low–medium heat and add the onion and bay leaves. Cook for 15 minutes, or until the onion is completely softened. Add the garlic, ginger, coriander stalks, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the spices and mix well. Add the tomato purée and cook for 10 minutes. Add the lentils and the stock.
- Place a lid on the pot and turn down to low. Cook for 3–4 hours, checking and stirring occasionally, until thick.
- When ready to serve, add a little water if necessary to bring to a suitable consistency and stir through half the crème fraîche, the remaining butter and half of the coriander leaves. Top with the remaining crème fraîche and coriander leaves and serve with naan breads or
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste