Uses Chipotle Mayo
Savoury Bread and Butter Pudding
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4).
- Fry the lardons in a little olive oil for a few minutes until crisp.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, chipotle chilli paste, eggs and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the thyme, garlic, spring onions and lardons. Continue to whisk until well combined.
- Add the ciabatta, stir well and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Rub a knob of butter around an ovenproof dish, then pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is crispy and golden.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and continue to bake for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chives to serve.