Roasted Pepper Salad With Halloumi
This roasted pepper salad recipe was loosely influenced by one of our favourite summer salads, the classic Tuscan panzanella. If you mix the final ingredients at just the right time, you can make sure that the crunchy ciabatta croûtons will have soaked up a little of the dressing, yet retain a lovely crisp crunch.
How to make it
- Toss the peppers and courgette in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the peppers and courgette into a hot griddle pan and cook for about 10 minutes until beginning to char all over (try not to move them around too much so as to develop some nice char lines). Remove and leave aside.
- While that’s cooking, place the chunks of ciabatta and halloumi into a bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil before mixing well to get everything a little covered.
- Tip the bread and cheese into a roasting pan and place under the grill. Again, take care not to let anything burn. Cook for a few minutes until everything is turning a nice crispy, golden brown before using a spatula to turn and cook the other side.
- In a separate bowl, place the chopped capers, coriander, Chipotle Paste, lime zest, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the vinegar and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the griddled vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- When ready to serve, stir in the toasted ciabatta and halloumi chunks. Adding them at the last minute will prevent the croûtons from going soggy.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste