Uses Chipotle Paste
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Cauliflower has become a hero vegetable in the last few years, whether it’s used to make pizza crust, fishless ceviche or a carbless version of rice, etc. We think it’s agreed that actually cauliflower is a pretty tasty vegetable and it makes a delicious filling in our Roasted Cauliflower Tacos recipe.
No more bland and mushy boiled cauliflower! Roasted cauliflower tastes amazing even just prepared simply by adding a drizzle of olive oil and salt.
For this recipe we rub our cauliflower with a full-flavoured paste made with white tahini, our bestselling Chipotle Paste, Garlic and Guajillo Fajita & Taco Mix, garlic cloves and lemon juice. It’s then all whizzed up into one mixture that we add to the cauliflower before roasting.
To serve with your tacos we recommend adding a spoonful of warm smoky Chipotle Refried Beans into your Soft Taco Wraps. This not only makes your tacos taste amazing but also provides the perfect base for holding the cauliflower bits in place.
How to make it
- Mix tahini paste, Chipotle Paste, Garlic and Guajillo Fajita & Taco Mix, garlic cloves, lemon, salt and pepper into the food processor, whizz it all up until the ingredients are mixed into a thick paste, and set aside.
- Remove the outer leaves of your cauliflower and cut into small florets, place them in a big bowl and add the chipotle tahini mixture. With your hands rub all the florets with the paste.
- Then on a lined baking tray, place your cauliflower, add a drizzle of olive oil on top and a pinch of salt, bake for 25 minutes, until the edges become deliciously roasted.
- In the meantime prepare a quick guacamole, add the flesh of your avocados into a bowl, the lime juice, extra virgin olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper, mash your avocado roughly with a fork, taste and reserve.
- In a small pan add your Refried Beans and heat them up. At the same time warm up the Soft Taco Wraps over a hot pan.
- Put your tacos together by first adding a smear of Refried Beans into your warm Soft Taco Wraps, then add a generous amount of roasted Cauliflower on top, add a bit of guacamole, a spoonful of creme fraiche and perhaps a spoonful of Tomatillo Salsa too!