Mexican, Roasted Aubergine With Chipotle Sour Cream
Roasted Aubergine With Chipotle Sour Cream
Slow roast some aubergine halves with olive oil, salt & pepper and serve with a spiced-up Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste smoky sour cream or creme fraiche for an easy midweek meal! We served it with some lovely ciabatta bread, but it’d work just as well with rice or couscous!
Criss-cross aubergines, brush with lots of olive oil & sprinkle with salt & pepper
Roast until cooked through
Stir Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste through sour cream
Top aubergine halves with spicy sour cream, lime zest, coriander, olive oil, salt & pepper
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 C.
- Cut aubergines in half lengthways.
- Cut criss-cross pattern into flesh of each half down to the skin.
- Brush each half with olive oil then repeat once oil is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 mins. The flesh should be completely soft and easily come away from the skin when scraped.
- While they roast, mix the sour cream (alternatively use creme fraiche or greek yoghurt) with the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste (if you want more spice, add a little more) and season.
- Spoon over cooked aubergines.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with lime zest, roughly chopped coriander, salt & pepper.
- Serve with rice, cous cous or toasted ciabatta.
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.