Uses Chipotle Ketchup
Roast Potatoes Luchito Style
If you’re looking for an alternative to your usual roasted potatoes, or for those of you who are more adventurous with flavours and like to try something new, this recipe is for you! These Roast Potatoes Luchito Style are made using our most loved hero product – Chipotle Paste.
The thing is, our paste is so good that it goes with almost anything, and it’s a great way to add a bit of a kick but also plenty of flavour to your meals. It can be your best kept secret ingredient this Christmas! Whether you add just a little bit to add a tad more flavour, or more to really add wonderful heat, we guarantee that you’ll love it.
This spicy potato recipe is combined with white tahini paste to bring that delicious nutty flavour that works so well with the chipotle. Covering them in hot olive oil, to turn them crispy and golden in the oven, just brings them to the next level.
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200°C/392°F. Wash and peel your potatoes and place them in a deep pot with cold water (enough to cover them). Add 1 tsp of salt and bring them to the boil, then simmer on a lower heat until they are cooked through.
- Remove your potatoes from the heat, drain the water and let them cool down a bit. Shake them to create fluffy edges that will crisp up with flavour once they are baked.
- While you wait for the potatoes to cool down, mix the white tahini with the Chipotle Paste in a small bowl. Whisk until you integrate all of the chipotle into the tahini and set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat up the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Place the fluffy potatoes into a large baking dish and pour the chipotle tahini mixture on top. Then pour the hot olive oil on top, and season with flaky salt and freshly ground coarse black pepper.
- Finish by adding lemon thyme on top and then roast until they look golden and crispy. Serve alongside your main meal.