Uses Chipotle Paste
Quesadilla Recipe Luchito Style
Quesadillas are quick and easy to make, satisfyingly filled with melted cheese and perfect for a snack or lunch. There are lots of ways to enjoy Quesadillas, filled with pulled pork, fajitas, or chicken are just a few. But our favourite way has to be this Quesadilla Recipe Luchito Style. If you were looking for a simple recipe to nail the perfect quesadilla, this is it!
All you need to do is to cook the chorizo and onion in a bit of cooking oil. Fry gently, letting the onion get lovely and soft while the chorizo releases all the flavour, then finish them up with a teaspoon of Chipotle Honey to crisp them up slightly. Then fill Street Taco wraps with a mix of cheeses. We think gruyere and cheddar work beautifully for flavour and melt. Then add a spoonful of crispy onions and chorizo mixture, fold in half and place them over a hot pan.
It is not necessary to add any oil to the pan, just let the heat do its magic and the cheese melt over a medium heat. Once the gooey cheese begins to come out of the edges you know your quesadilla is ready, make sure you toast them until golden brown on both sides, serve warm.We like to add a dollop of Tomatillo Salsa for a zingy finish.
We would love to hear what you think of this recipe, be sure to leave us your feedback in the comments section below!
How to make it
- Heat up the oil in a pan and fry the chorizo and onion over a medium heat.
- Add the Chipotle Honey and let it caramelise and crisp up slightly, remove your pan from the heat and reserve.
- Add the grated cheese and caramelised chorizo onions to the Street Taco wraps and fold in half.
- Warm up in a medium heat pan and let the heat do its magic until they are golden brown on both sides and the cheese melts.
- Serve with Gran Luchito Tomatillo Salsa.