Pulled Pork Spring Rolls
If you find yourself with an abundance of leftovers having made our super-tasty Slow Cooker Pulled Pork then why not have a go at making these awesome pulled pork spring rolls. You’ll need to get your hands on rice paper which you can pick up from international sections in supermarkets.
How to make it
- In a big bowl, combine the carrot, ginger, peanuts, pulled pork, bean sprouts, cabbage, spring onions (hold a little back for serving), coriander, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, sesame oil, soy sauce and pepper.
- In lukewarm water, soak each spring roll wrappers for about 30 secs (or until flexible but not mis-shapen). Dry on a kitchen paper and lay on a flat surface.
- Add a tbsp of the mixture to the front centre of the wrapper.
- Roll from the bottom tucking in the edge. Once about half way up, fold in the sides then continue rolling up keeping it as neat and even as possible. If you prefer summer rolls, serve them like this. If you want crispy spring rolls, continue as below.
- Once you’ve rolled them all, heat a frying pan and add the groundnut oil until a small piece of the mixture sizzles when dropped in.
- Fry the spring rolls in batches for about 5 mins each making sure to flip them over.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve with a sprinkling of spring onions.