Uses Chipotle Paste
Mexican Pulled Pork Fried Rice
In our quest to bring you the best ways to use left-over pulled pork, we through together this very special pork fried rice dish. Big juicy prawns work amazingly well with the shredded smoked chilli pulled pork, and a sprinkle of crunchy crushed peanuts and fresh basil make this a must-try.
This dish would work equally well with other meats.
If seafood are your thing we highly recommend this Chipotle King Prawn recipe!
How to make it
- Begin by cooking the rice (this will need to be relatively cool, so make it in advance). Follow the instructions on the pack and leave to one side while you prepare the rest.
- Now you can make the paste. Combine the ginger, lemongrass, onions, garlic, soy sauce (1tbsp), sesame oil, shrimp paste, black pepper, fresh basil (including stalks) and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and a splash of water (you’ll be cooking this off next so don’t worry about diluting the flavours) in a food processor and blitz to a smooth paste.
- Heat a wok until very hot and add a little oil. Add the paste and fry for about 3mins. Most of the water should disappear and you’ll be left with a lovely rich paste which will be the base of the dish. Leave cooked paste aside.
- Next, pour a splash of soy sauce over the prawns. Heat the wok again and add a little oil. Flash fry the prawns for a few minutes until they turn pink.
- Do exactly the same thing with the left-over pulled pork and then combine with the prawns.
- Finely slice the spring onion and blitz the peanuts.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Heat the wok until very hot, add a little oil. Add the egg and before it cooks completely, add the rice and combine so that the rice gets coated. Next add the paste, pork, prawns, spring onion and half the peanuts and combine well.
- After a few minutes, serve straight into bowls and finish with a sprinkle of peanuts and some roughly chopped fresh basil.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste