Pork Loin Wrapped In Pancetta and Chipotle Honey Mustard
Pork loin, also known as pork fillet, is a great cut to work with. Its long, sausage-like shape lends itself perfectly to roasting whole and slicing into succulent discs of meat. We wrapped this pork loin in pancetta to protect it from the direct heat, with a layer of delicious marinade between the meats to keep it moist.
2 hours 22 mins
2 hours 45 mins
How to make it
- In a pestle and mortar, smash together the leaves ofabout 4 rosemary sprigs, the peeled garlic cloves and about 1 teaspoon of coarse salt until you have a paste.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl with the oil, Chipotle Honey, mustard, lime juice and pepper. Stir well.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a large bowl and pour the marinade over the top. Rub it all over the meat and leave for at least a few hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6).
- Line up the pancetta strips, slightly overlapping one another, on a piece of baking paper or cling film.
- Place the pork at bottom of pancetta and spoon the remaining marinade over the pancetta. Carefully roll up the pancetta (it doesn’t need to be perfect), aiming to leave the seam underneath the pork so the top is protected from the direct heat. Drizzle over a little olive
oil, add a few sprigs of rosemary and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until the pancetta is golden, being careful not to burn it. Cover in foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with roast potatoes or our crisp oven chips
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste