Uses Chipotle Honey
Pan con Tomate
How to make it
- Use a grater to pulp the tomatoes, discarding the skins.
- Push the pulp through a fine sieve, retaining both the tomato water, the flesh and seeds.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a low–medium heat, then add the garlic, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and the whole anchovies. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes until garlic is softened, but not browned.
- Add the tomato water and turn up the heat. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the water has mostly cooked away.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir well. It should be a very thick sauce.
- Remove from the heat and combine with the tomato pulp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread, then spread the tomato over the toast, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with a little more pepper, the Parmesan and some chives.