Uses Chipotle Mayo
We gave this Ratatouille, a traditional southern French dish, a quick Mexican makeover. By mixing in some of our Chipotle Paste, this Mexican ratatouille recipe has a great depth of flavour and distinct mellow heat.
We’re not sure what the French would think but it tastes so darn good! Perfect eaten hot or cold, this Ratatouille can be prepared in under 20 minutes. The Mexican Ratatouille is a great accompaniment for either our Mexican Roast Chicken or Chipotle King Prawns.
If you have any of the Mexican Ratatouille left over, it’s great stirred through spaghetti for a simple pasta dish.
How to make it
- Pre heat oven to 200c/390F
- Chop the Aubergine, Courgette, Peppers, Onions into large pieces, about the size of your index finger.
- Peel garlic cloves and slice them in half down the middle.
- Add all of the above into a large dish, mix, season with salt & pepper and sprinkle on the herb de provence.
- Pour the olive oil into a small container and add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste. Stir with a small teaspoon until the paste is completely dissolved into the Oil.
- Pour this mixture over the veg and with a spoon stir until all the veg has an equal coating.
- Place the dish into the preheated oven for 20 mins
- Slice the tomatoes in two and place in a bowl.
- After 20 mins, take Ratatouille out of the oven, pour on the tomatoes and stir with a spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- Place back in the oven for 40 minutes.
- You can serve the ratatouille either hot or cold. Before serving sprinkle on the basil leaves.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste