Uses Chipotle Mayo
Mexican Patatas Bravas
Patatas bravas are served everywhere in Spain, and for good reason. It’s basically crispy potatoes smothered with a delicious tomato sauce.
We had a sneaky suspicion our chipotle ketchup would work well, and decided to roast the potatoes – rather than the traditional frying – to make them less greasy.
We were delighted with how tasty it was, and how simple to make!
1 hr 30 min
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6).
- Scrub the potatoes, then chop them into bite-sized chunks, with the skin on, trying to keep them similar in size.
- Put them into a pan and pour over some boiling water. Leave them for about 15 minutes (not on the heat). Meanwhile, drizzle the olive oil into a roasting tray and place in the oven to heat up.
- Drain away the water and tip the potatoes into the roasting pan with some garlic and rosemary, a big slug of olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until nice and crispy, shaking things up once or twice (but taking care not to break them up).
- Dollop over the chipotle ketchup, some finely chopped parsley and a little grated Parmesan.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste