Mexican, Mexican Patatas Bravas
Mexican Patatas Bravas
This little snack is served everywhere in Spain, and for good reason. It’s basically crispy potatoes smothered with a delicious tomato sauce.
We had a sneaky suspicion our chipotle chilli ketchup would work well, and decided to roast the potatoes – rather than the traditional frying – to make them less greasy.
We were delighted with how tasty it was, and how simple to make!
1 hr 30 min
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6).
- Scrub the potatoes, then chop them into bite-sized chunks, with the skin on, trying to keep them similar in size.
- Put them into a pan and pour over some boiling water. Leave them for about 15 minutes (not on the heat). Meanwhile, drizzle the olive oil into a roasting tray and place in the oven to heat up.
- Drain away the water and tip the potatoes into the roasting pan with some garlic and rosemary, a big slug of olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes or until nice and crispy, shaking things up once or twice (but taking care not to break them up).
- Dollop over the chipotle chilli ketchup, some finely chopped parsley and a little grated Parmesan.
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.