Mexican Bean Soup
Our Bean soup with Mexican Chilli is great for a cold rainy day to warm up, or you could even eat it cold as a kind of Mexican-inspired gazpacho. The great thing about this recipes is that you are likely to have the ingredients for the Bean soup at home. If you want to add some meat, try some nice smoky bacon fried to a crisp and added at the end.
How to make it
- Fry onion, garlic, pepper, carrot, sweet potato and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste over a medium heat in a large saucepan in olive oil for 10 mins.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, oregano, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper and bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 25 mins without a lid.
- At this point you can blend the soup. We like to blend half and leave the other half chunky and then recombine.
- Add the kidney beans and bring to the boil.
- Serve drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, a giant crouton, grated parmesan and a sprinkle of coriander.