Mexican Cauliflower Cheese
Cauliflower cheese is always a firm family favourite and adding a good dollop of our Gran Luchito chipotle paste to make the Cauliflower Cheese Mexican is a real winner of an idea. The result is a Mexican cauliflower cheese that is full of smoky flavour, a medium spice level and of course extremely cheese. It is warming and comforting and the perfect side dish.
1 hour 10 mins
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4.
- Make a roux. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Stir until you have a paste and cook for about 10 minutes over a low heat, taking care not to burn it. The mix should get a bit darker.
- Add the garlic and Gran Luchito chipotle paste and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, getting rid of any lumps. Continue cooking for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and slowly bring to the boil.
- Add the Cheddar and mozzarella and stir in until melted.
- Meanwhile, blanch the cauliflower in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain, then put the cauliflower in an ovenproof dish and pour the sauce over the top. Top with the Parmesan and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- The Parmesan on top should have formed a golden crust. Serve sprinkled with parsley.