Uses Chipotle Paste
Mexican Cauliflower Cheese
1 hour 10 mins
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4).
- Make a roux. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Stir until you have a paste and cook for about 10 minutes over a low heat, taking care not to burn it. The mix should get a bit darker.
- Add the garlic and chipotle chilli paste and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, getting rid of any lumps. Continue cooking for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and slowly bring to the boil.
- Add the Cheddar and mozzarella and stir in until melted.
- Meanwhile, blanch the cauliflower in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain, then put the cauliflower in an ovenproof dish and pour the sauce over the top. Top with the Parmesan and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- The Parmesan on top should have formed a golden crust. Serve sprinkled with parsley.