Chipotle Meatball Wrap
Don’t let the simplicity of this meatball wrap recipe idea make you think it’s not special. The combination of guacamole and the chipotle meatballs is a real match made in heaven. To make the meatball wraps extra special you could try adding some melted mozzarella cheese to them. Yum!
1 hour 20 mins
How to make it
- Firstly, combine the breadcrumbs with the milk and stir. Leave to soak in while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook pancetta until cooked through. Place on a chopping board and chop finely before returning to the pan. Lower the heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to a food processor (alternatively just grate them).
- Add onion and garlic to the pancetta, along with oregano and Chipotle Paste. Stir and cook for about 7-8 mins.
- Add a splash of water, stir and continue to cook until evaporated (5-6 mins). Leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancetta mixture with the soaked breadcrumbs, the minced beef and pork, parsley and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix well (with your hands preferably) and form into small balls (approx. 1inch in diameter). Pile on a plate and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Griddle, fry or roast the meatballs until brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, roast some tomatoes in a little olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Make a guac by squashing the avocado flesh with a fork and mixing with lime juice, chopped coriander, roughly chopped red onion, salt & pepper.
- Warm tortillas in the oven slightly. Pile all the elements in the centre of a tortilla and wrap.