Mexican, Chipotle Meatball Wrap
Chipotle Meatball Wrap
Don’t let the simplicity of this meatball wrap recipe idea make you think it’s not special. Fresh guacamole goes excellently well with the spicy Mexican meatballs. This would be a perfect way to use up leftover meatballs one weeknight. All you need to do is lay your hands on some nicely ripe avocados!
To make the wraps extra special you could try adding some melted mozzarella cheese to them. Yum!
1 hour 20 mins
Make guacamole with avocado, coriander, red onion, lime juice, salt & pepper
Fry meatballs until cooked through
Assemble on soft tortilla wraps
How to make it
- Firstly, combine the breadcrumbs with the milk and stir. Leave to soak in while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook pancetta until cooked through. Place on a chopping board and chop finely before returning to the pan. Lower the heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to a food processor (alternatively just grate them).
- Add onion and garlic to the pancetta, along with oregano and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste. Stir and cook for about 7-8 mins.
- Add a splash of water, stir and continue to cook until evaporated (5-6 mins). Leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancetta mixture with the soaked breadcrumbs, the minced beef and pork, parsley and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix well (with your hands preferably) and form into small balls (approx. 1inch in diameter). Pile on a plate and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Griddle, fry or roast the meatballs until brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, roast some tomatoes in a little olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Make a guac by squashing the avocado flesh with a fork and mixing with lime juice, chopped coriander, roughly chopped red onion, salt & pepper.
- Warm tortillas in oven slightly. Pile all the elements in the centre of a tortilla and wrap.
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.