Mexican, Meatball Queso Fundido Dip
Meatball Queso Fundido Dip
This queso fundido dip is pretty indulgent, but you’ve got to treat yourself now and again. A twist on a classic fundido recipe, the chipotle meatballs are covered in oodles of melted cheese sprinkled with spring onions. We used lovely soft tortillas to scoop the queso fundido dip up, but you could use tortilla chips or raw vegetables to dunk.
Perfect for a party or to munch on in front of the TV. Go on, you deserve it! For some other indulgent treats head over to our snack recipe page
If meatballs are your thing, check out some other exciting meatball recipe ideas.
1 hour 5 mins
Fry meatballs until crispy and cooked through
Remove meatballs and add chopped onion
Add wine and cheeses and stir until melted
Add meatballs and stir carefully
Serve with tortillas and chopped spring onion
How to make it
- Firstly, combine the breadcrumbs with the milk and stir. Leave to soak in while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook pancetta until cooked through. Place on a chopping board and chop finely before returning to the pan. Lower the heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to a food processor (alternatively just grate them).
- Add onion and garlic to the pancetta, along with oregano and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste. Stir and cook for about 7-8 mins.
- Add a splash of water, stir and continue to cook until evaporated (5-6 mins). Leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancetta mixture with the soaked breadcrumbs, the minced beef and pork, parsley and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix well (with your hands preferably) and form into small balls (approx. 1inch in diameter). Pile on a plate and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Fry the meatballs in a little olive oil until nicely crispy and cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Add chopped onions to pan over medium heat with a little olive oil. Cook until soft (about 10mins).
- Add splash of white wine and cook for a few minutes until the alcohol has been cooked off.
- Add the cheeses and stir until melted.
- Add meatballs back into pan and carefully mix. Sprinkle with chopped spring onion and serve with tortillas.
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.