Uses Chipotle Paste
Leftover Potato and Gammon Hash
This is the kind of food that you normally prepare the morning after a late-night whilst still in your pyjamas! Perhaps brew some fresh coffee first to have on the side while you begin to cook this quick and tasty brunch, and make yourself feel human again!
Gran Luchito Salsas are the best way to spruce up any leftovers. This recipe is great to try when you have roast potatoes left in the fridge or that mash from the weekend. You can combine it with cooked gammon, leftover turkey, bacon or even sausages. We want you to adapt this recipe to what you may have at home already!
All you’ll need to do is to get yourself some fresh eggs from your local shop. Of course we recommend that you always have a jar of Gran Luchito Salsa and a little pot of Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix in your cupboard at home! Trust us, these staples are a great way to add flavour to all your cooking and not just this recipe.
How to make it
- Heat up half of the oil in a large frying pan, add the diced onion and green chilli, and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the leftover mashed potatoes or roast potatoes, and mix them with the onion and chilli. Add a bit more oil and brown them slightly.
- Chop the leftover gammon into smaller pieces, or you can use bacon too. Add it into the pan with the potatoes and season with Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix, and a bit of black pepper, stir and fry gently for a couple of minutes.
- In the meantime heat up the olive oil in another frying pan and fry the eggs, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve your potato hash with the fried eggs on top. Spoon some of our delicious smoky Chipotle Salsa or fire roasted Red Pepper Salsa generously on top and finish with a sprinkling of freshly chopped coriander. It can’t be anymore simple and delicious. Enjoy!
- Don’t forget to serve the rest of your salsa on the side and add more as you go.