Uses Chipotle Mayo
Leftover Chicken Tacos
Use leftover chicken to make these delicious Mexican shredded chicken tacos for a quick lunchtime snack. For the authentic Mexican experience, you’ll need to get your hands on some street tacos, but ordinary flour wraps will do the job.
Our Chipotle Mayo gives these little beauties the perfect amount of smoke and spice. The addition of ingredients like fresh coriander, crunchy radish, and ripe sliced avocado make this chicken tacos recipe a winner every time. You could try finishing them off with a dollop of our chipotle salsa.
Make the perfect lunch by serving these leftover chicken tacos with a bowl of our tortilla soup.
How to make it
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Drizzle olive oil onto spring onions and peeled garlic cloves and use hands to cover them. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Add onions to griddle pan and leave to char, turning occasionally until cooked and blackened slightly.
- Heat a frying pan and add Street Tacos one at a time for a few seconds each side until softened. Pile and wrap in a tea towel to keep warm.
- Arrange street tacos on a plate/board in piles of 2 (this will make it easier to eat as they won’t fall apart).
- Spread some Chipotle Mayo onto each top street tacos.
- Top with shredded/sliced leftover roast chicken, sliced avocado, thinly sliced radish, roughly chopped spring onion & garlic, a squeeze of lime and some fresh ripped coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle each with a little salt & pepper before serving.