Uses Chipotle Paste
King Prawn Sandwich
This king prawn sandwich isn’t a million miles away from a chipotle prawn cocktail and it’s equally delicious.
Get your hands on some nice big, juicy king prawns and some crusty bread and you’re well on your way to a great sandwich. Thinly sliced avocado, some crisp salad leaves and a drizzle of lime-spiked Chipotle Mayo take it to another level.
To make a meal of it, try serving this prawn sandwich with our Mexican Tortilla Soup recipe.
How to make it
- Depending on how you’re cooking your prawns, either get your barbecue or griddle pan very hot.
- Put the prawns in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the barbecue or griddle pan is hot, place the prawns on the cooking surface and leave for a couple of minutes. Take care not to burn them. Carefully flip them and cook the other side.
- In a bowl, squeeze the lime juice and mix well with the Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo.
- Dress the salad leaves in a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Slice the avocado thinly.
- Toast slices of bread on the barbecue/griddle pan.
- Build the ingredients into a sandwich, drizzling the mayo over the prawns.