Uses Chipotle Honey
Juicy Slow Cooked Pork & Black Bean Burrito
Our Juicy Slow Cooked Pork & Black Bean Burrito is a delicious alternative to the classic chicken or beef burrito. It’s a pulled pork burrito! What’s not to love?
In this authentic pulled pork recipe, the pork has been covered in a delicious blend of our Chipotle Paste, brown sugar, oregano and garlic. It is then slow cooked with orange juice resulting in the most juicy, melt in your mouth Mexican pulled pork.
Along with the pulled pork and other ingredients, our NEW smoky Black Beans, and our Chipotle Salsa are all wrapped up in our NEW large Burrito Wraps. The bigger the better! Any leftovers? Save them for lunch the next day.
Not sure what side dishes to have? check out our What To Serve With Burritos blog! We’ve got it covered.
If you love pulled pork, but want something lighter, try our Pulled Pork Burrito Bowl.
5 hrs 30 mins
4 - 6 people
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F) and insert a large roasting dish with the vegetable oil inside.
- Remove the skin from the pork shoulder, if it has it. Leave a good layer of fat on top.
- Dry the pork with paper towel then season generously with salt & pepper. Carefully add to the roasting dish, moving it around to cover with oil and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool down. By this point it should have some colour and crispy texture. Reduce oven temperature to (125C (260F).
- Meanwhile, blitz the Gran Luchito Smoked Chipotle Paste, brown sugar, oregano and garlic to a paste in a food processor.
- When the pork is cool enough to touch, cover the outside surface with the paste, rubbing it in. Add the orange juice to the bottom of the pan. Cover the oven dish with foil so that there is space for steam to build up but so steam cannot escape. This is important and will stop the pork from drying out.
- Return to the oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Carefully unwrap the foil and spoon some of the juices over the pork, then wrap it back up and return to the oven for a further 3 hours, or until it is falling off the bone and you can pull it apart with forks.
- Once it’s cooked, you can go ahead and pull the pork, discarding the bone. If the outside is done but the inside meat is still holding together, return this part to the oven under foil and cook until ‘pullable’. Add the Gran Luchito Smoky Black Beans now and mix well.
- Return the pork & beans to the juice and leave to soak it up for 15 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, add the Gran Luchito Burrito Wraps to the oven and warm through for 5 minutes.
- Take a single wrap and add a spoonful of the pulled pork in the centre. Top with a spoonful of Gran Luchito Chipotle Salsa, shredded lettuce, sour cream, grated cheese and some fresh coriander.
- Wrap up tightly (using foil to keep it tight works well). Then slice down the middle, peel back the foil and enjoy.