Mexican, Homemade Potato Salad
Homemade Potato Salad
A homemade potato salad shouldn’t just be a side dish that no-one talks about. Make this fully loaded potato salad with bacon bits using our beautiful version of a Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, not to mention a whole host of other wonderful ingredients. It’s time to bring your potato salad into the limelight! This would make a great addition to our Mexican Jerk Chicken recipe.
Cook new potatoes until tender
Fry bacon lardons until crispy
Drain potatoes and leave to cool
Combine Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo with whole grain mustard, white wine vinegar and olive oil
Prepare the other ingredients
How to make it
- Get a pan of water on the boil. Once boiling, add a good sprinkle of salt and your smashed garlic clove (this will give a very subtle garlic flavour but not overpower your salad; you can pop the mint stalks in too if you like).
- Rinse the new potatoes and slice into evenly sized chunks. Carefully add to the water and cook until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, get a pan on the heat and add your lardons . Cook until nicely crispy then cut into crumbs.
- Whisk together the Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, white wine vinegar, whole grain mustard, olive oil and a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Pour this on to the cooled potatoes to start soaking in while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Roughly chop the spring onion, capers, mint and dill. Slice the radish as thinly as possible. Grate the cheese. Throw it all into the potato mix along with the bacon bits (holding some back to sprinkle on top).
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.