Homemade Peanut Butter With Chipotle
Stop spending a fortune on nut butters! Make it yourself – homemade peanut butter couldn’t be easier.
All you need is a fairly decent food processor and whichever nuts you fancy making it with. We added a little Chipotle Paste for something a little different and it works really well. Try this on toast or stirred through a Southeast Asian curry or stir-fry.
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4).
- Spread the nuts out on a large baking tray and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to mix them up and roast for a further 5 minutes. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and add a few tablespoons of water (you may need to add more).
- Keep pulsing them, adding more water a little at a time if the mixture clogs the blades. You’ll need to scrape the sides with a spatula every now and again too.
- Blitz the nuts for about 10 minutes or until it becomes all creamy and smooth.
- Add the Chipotle Paste. Give it another blitz and have a taste. Add more chilli or salt as needed.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Honey