Uses Chipotle Mayo
Hasselback Sweet Potato
To make these Hasselback Sweet Potatoes we’ve decided to use a slightly different technique to cut the sweet potato. We cut a continuous spiral along each sweet potato all the way through to the skewer and spread out carefully to create a ‘tornado’. For a more traditional cut check out our Hasselback potato recipe.
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 190C.
- Cut the ends off the sweet potatoes. Insert a skewer into the centre of each potato and push through until it comes out the other end. try to get it as central as possible.
- Using a sharp knife, starting at either end, make a continuous spiral cut along the length of the potato, cutting through to the skewer.
- If you do this right, you’ll end up with an unbroken spiral of sweet potato that you can carefully elongate along the length of the skewer.
- Mix the butter with the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and brush all over the potato, along with a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Place in a roasting tin and roast for 15mins.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Return to oven and cook for another 25mins, or until crispy on the outside. A little bit of char is fine.
- Carefully remove from the skewer.
- Serve with a little bit of extra parmesan, Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo (for dipping), a squeeze of fresh lime and chopped coriander.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste