Uses Chipotle Mayo
Fajitas…Good! Halloumi…Good! What’s not to like? Here we give you our delicious Halloumi Fajitas, a meat-free version of the classic dish. Originally from Cyprus, Halloumi is loved for its meaty, deeply savoury and versatile attributes. It tastes the best when it’s baked or grilled in the oven, as done here. However, it can also be barbecued or fried, without losing its shape.
For this simple recipe we have tossed the Halloumi first with onions, peppers, olive oil and a sprinkling of our Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix. It’s then baked it in the oven, and stuffed into Soft Wheat Street Tortilla Wraps and topped with Serrano Green Chillies. With fresh lime and coriander added at the end, that’s all you need!
We recommend whipping up a batch of guacamole as a topping for the fajitas and for dipping some of our Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips into. If you are looking for something beyond the typical sides of Mexican Rice and Refried Beans (which we also highly recommend!), our Courgette Salad is bursting with fresh flavour.
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C
- On a large baking tray, spread the halloumi, peppers & onion evenly
- Drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle over the Gran Luchito Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix. Mix well so everything is covered.
- Place in the oven and leave for around 25 minutes, or until the halloumi is nicely golden and starting to crisp. Remove from the oven & turn it off.
- Warm the Gran Luchito Soft Wheat Street Taco Tortilla Wraps in the oven.
- Slice a lime into wedges and roughly chop some coriander.
- Serve separately and build your perfect fajitas, topping with Gran Luchito Serrano Chillies, coriander & a squeeze of lime juice.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste