For vegetarians or simply halloumi lovers these Halloumi Fajitas are for you!
What you need to do is to cook the sweet red peppers and onion first, let them get deliciously charred over a very hot pan, and then add a bit of Chipotle Paste to infuse a delicious smoky kick into your peppers. Cut the halloumi into thick strips and coat them with a bit of olive oil, Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix and lime juice. Then mix them with your hands, making sure the halloumi is nicely coated.
Pan-fry the halloumi over a hot non-stick pan with a drizzle of olive oil, flipping carefully to make sure they get deliciously crisp on both sides.
Serve your pan-fried halloumi with the sweet red pepper mixture, freshly chopped coriander on top, warm Soft Taco Wraps, sour cream and maybe a few lime wedges on the side.
How to make it
- Heat up a frying pan with the olive oil and once it’s hot enough add in your red sweet peppers and onion. Stir and let them get soft and acquire a bit of colour. Add the Chipotle Paste and stir to mix in with the peppers and onion mixture. Simply season with a pinch of salt and black pepper, and once ready remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place your halloumi on a plate and add the Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix, olive oil and juice of half a lime. Coat all the halloumi pieces with your hands and season with a bit of black pepper.
- Prepare a non-stick pan and pan fry the halloumi pieces until golden brown on both sides. Flip carefully in order not to break them.
- Serve the red peppers and onion mixture on a platter with the pan fried halloumi. Add freshly chopped coriander on top and the remaining ½ lime squeezed on top.
- Warm up the Soft Taco Wraps over a hot pan and wrap them in a tea towel to keep them warm.
- Serve your fajita platter on the table, with the warm Soft Tacos, the sour cream and lime wedges on the side.
What To Serve With Halloumi Fajitas
We recommend whipping up a batch of guacamole as a topping for the halloumi fajitas and for dipping some of our Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips into. If you are looking for something beyond the typical sides of Mexican Rice and Mexican Black Beans (which we also highly recommend!), our Mexican Salad is bursting with fresh flavour.
Download Our Free Guide To Fajitas
Your free guide will be emailed to you immediately.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Is halloumi healthy?
Nutritionally, halloumi is an excellent source of calcium, providing 70% of the adult recommended daily allowance in one portion. Halloumi also contains zinc, selenium, magnesium, vitamin A and many of the B vitamins. However, it is also high in sodium, saturated fat, and calories. It's therefore advised to eat it in small quantities and not too often. Once a week is fine, just not every day!
Is halloumi vegetarian?
Halloumi is often vegetarian, but it is worth checking the packet, because it can be made with animal-derived rennet. It is not vegan as it is a dairy product.
How to store halloumi?
Halloumi will keep in the refrigerator for as long as a year, if it's unopened. Once opened, store it in the refrigerator in salt water in an airtight container for up to two weeks.