Fig Toast With Chilli Halloumi & Parma Ham
It’s a fact! Chipotle Honey and halloumi were made for each other. To celebrate this truth, we developed this fig toast recipe that is perfect for lunch or brunch any day of the week. The sweet smoky chilli cuts through the salty cheese perfectly. To make this fig toast really special, we glazed figs in the honey and added parma ham and put the whole lot on toast.
How to make it
- Preheat the grill.
- Arrange the figs and halloumi on a baking sheet.
- Brush the figs with chipotle honey. Brush the halloumi with olive oil.
- Place under the grill for a few minutes, keeping your eye on them so as not to let them burn.
- Once the halloumi is golden, flip the slices over, brush with oil and cook the other side. Do the same with the figs and honey.
- Toast the slices of bread. Place on a plate and drizzle with a little olive oil. Put the Parma ham on top, then the halloumi and finally the figs.
- Sprinkle with the mint leaves and a little salt and pepper to taste, then serve.