Uses Chipotle Paste
Fully loaded Potato Skins
Fully Loaded Potato skins are a bit of a comfort classic. Super easy to make and guaranteed to impress your friends, if you decide to share them!
First thing you need to do is pop some potatoes in the oven to bake. Once baked, all you do is scoop out the flesh and mix it with all your favourite things like chorizo, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and plenty of cheese then pop it back in its jacket and bake until gooey and delicious. Simple and unbelievably tasty!
1 hour 20 mins
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C.
- Scrub the potatoes, rub skin in a little olive oil, salt & pepper then prick them all over with a fork and place in the oven (you can start them in the microwave for a few minutes on each side to make things quicker). Without microwave = approx. 45-60 mins / With microwave = approx. 20-30 mins.
- Once cooked, cut them in half lengthways and, using a cloth to hold them, scoop out the flesh in to a large mixing bowl, leaving about half a centimetre all over so as to give the skins a little more strength.
- Melt a knob of butter and stir in a little olive oil. Brush this over the inside and outside of the skins, then sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place on a tray skin side up and return to the oven to crisp up. Keep your eye on them as you don’t want them to burn.
- Meanwhile, chop the chorizo in to tiny chunks and add to a frying pan (no need for oil as it will release plenty). Cook until nicely crispy.
- To the potato flesh, add chorizo (hold a little back for garnish), grated cheddar, chopped spring onion, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, chopped dill (hold a little back for garnish), a knob of butter, salt and pepper. Stir well, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Once crispy, flip skins and crisp up the inside then remove from oven.
- Using a spoon, fill each skin with the mixture and return to the oven for about 7 minutes (or until the cheese is melted).
- Chop more dill and stir through sour cream.
- Remove and top with a dollop of herby sour cream, the remaining chorizo and dill and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Mayo