Uses Chipotle Ketchup
Egg Curry with Squash & Ginger
This egg curry is a bit of a mix of influences, with Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste supplying the heat whilst many of the other flavours are Southeast Asian and Indian-inspired.
We think it shows just how well fusion food can work. Eggs offer a great alternative to meat in curries; give it a go and see what you think.
How to make it
- Fry the onions for 5 minutes in a little vegetable oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the ground coriander, turmeric, ginger, garlic, cinnamon stick and a handful of roughly chopped coriander stalks and most of the leaves (hold some back for serving). Continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the squash, stir and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock and butter. Stir and leave to thicken up for 15 minutes over a low–medium heat.
- Now is a good time to cook the rice.
- Add the eggs to a pan of boiling water and continue to boil for 6 minutes. Drain, then cover in cold water. Leave to cool before carefully peeling. Cut them in half lengthways.
- Add the halved eggs to the top of the curry, and serve with rice. Top each bowl with toasted almonds and pumpkin seeds and a sprinkling of the reserved coriander leaves.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Mayo