Easy Chipotle Chicken Taquitos
A sure fire way to get the party started is to whip up a batch of our Easy Chipotle Chicken Taquitos!
But what you ask is a Taquito? Taquitos are delicious, crispy rolled tacos usually filled with shredded meat and served with a selection of dips such as Guacamole, Chipotle Salsa and Sour Cream. In our version we make it easier by using a rotisserie chicken and bring the flavour with our Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix.
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix the Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix with 2 tbsp olive oil and mix well.
- Pick off as much meat from the chicken as you can and shred as you place into the large bowl with the seasoning/oil. Discard bones or make stock for another recipe and mix chicken well.
- Lay out the Gran Luchito Street Tacos and spread a spoonful of the chicken mix onto each one down the middle. Don’t go too crazy with the amount otherwise you won’t be able to roll them up.
- Add a small handful of grated cheese, then roll the tortillas tightly, securing with 2 cocktail sticks.
- Repeat until all the tortillas are filled.
- If frying, add enough vegetable oil to a frying pan to come up about 3cm in the pan. Over a medium/high temp, heat until shimmering. Test the temp with a small piece of tortilla. It should bubble.
- When ready, in batches of 3-4, carefully add the taquitos to the oil and fry until brown and crispy on the bottom. Turn them and cook the other side. Remove and place on kitchen roll to soak up excess oil as you do the rest.
- When all cooked, stack on a serving plate. Serve with shredded lettuce, sour cream, Gran Luchito Jalapeño & Pineapple and crumbled cheese.