Easy Chicken Taquitos
A sure-fire way to get the party started is to whip up a batch of our Easy Chicken Taquitos to pass around!
But what you ask is a Taquito?
In our easy chicken taquito recipe version, we make it easier to make taquitos at home by using a rotisserie chicken and we add a boost of flavour with our Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix.
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix the Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix with 2 tbsp olive oil and mix well.
- Pick off as much meat from the chicken as you can and shred as you place into the large bowl with the seasoning/oil. Discard bones or make stock for another recipe and mix chicken well.
- Layout the Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps and spread a spoonful of the chicken mix onto each one down the middle. Don’t go too crazy with the amount otherwise, you won’t be able to roll them up.
- Add a small handful of grated cheese, then roll the tortillas tightly, securing with 2 cocktail sticks.
- Repeat until all the tortillas are filled.
- If frying, add enough vegetable oil to a frying pan to come up about 3cm in the pan. Over a medium/high temp, heat until shimmering. Test the temp with a small piece of tortilla. It should bubble.
- When ready, in batches of 3-4, carefully add the taquitos to the oil and fry until brown and crispy on the bottom. Turn them and cook the other side. Remove and place on kitchen roll to soak up excess oil as you do the rest.
- When all cooked, stack on a serving plate. Serve with shredded lettuce, sour cream, Gran Luchito Jalapeño & Pineapple and crumbled cheese.