Uses Chipotle Paste
Easy Butter Chicken Curry
This easy butter chicken curry is a wonderful way to use up leftover roast chicken for a rich and beautifully tasty midweek meal that’ll have everyone asking for more.
If you’re a fan of rich dishes like this Indian butter chicken, check out our slow & low page for more great ideas and inspiration. Our Chipotle Paste would work just as well in other curries such as chicken tikka masala.
1 hour 15 mins
How to make it
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over a low–medium heat. Add the onion, stir and fry for about 15 minutes until completely softened, but not browned.
- Reduce the heat slightly, add the garlic and fry for about 3 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid burning.
- Add the chipotle chilli paste, lemon juice, garam masala, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, the tomato purée and about 1½ tablespoons of water. Stir and cook for 15 minutes over a medium heat.
- Reduce the heat, then stir in the cream and the butter until melted.
- Add the leftover chicken (chopped or ripped into bitesized chunks).
- Stir well and adjust the seasoning if needed. Continue to cook over a low–medium heat for about 5–10 minutes, or until the chicken is hot throughout (you don’t really want to cook it too much as it will dry out quickly).
- Stir in some coriander leaves and serve with rice.