Devils On Horseback
Obviously, there are many elements of a Christmas dinner which separate it from its close Sunday afternoon-time relative. However, the Devils On Horseback (and pig in a blanket for that matter) have got to be up there with the most important of them.
Try this version with Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey-soaked bacon! The sweet prunes cut brilliantly through the salty bacon and the almond in the middle provides a delicious little crunch. These would work equally as well with dates to create delicious bacon wrapped dates.
Check out our other Christmas Recipe Ideas.
How to make it
- Cut each bacon rasher in half (unless you want seriously bacon-heavy devils!)
- Stuff each prune with an almond.
- Wrap each stuffed prune with a piece of the bacon and arrange on a baking tray with foil.
- Heat the honey for a few seconds in the microwave or add a splash of hot water.
- Brush the Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey over the prunes and make sure all are covered.
- Roast in the oven for 20mins at a high temp. (250C approx.) or until crispy and golden (keep your eye on them as they will burn easily). You could even throw a sprig or two of rosemary on the tray with it to add something a little extra.