Uses Chipotle Honey
Ahhh the aroma of sizzling onions and chorizo takes us back to visiting the Mexican street food scene! We love the authentic chorizo tortas (aka sandwiches) you find layered with refried beans, spicy chorizo sausage, onions and melty cheese so much so we decided to recreate one and came up with our Chorizo Sandwich. It’s perfect for a late night snack or when serious hunger strikes!
If this recipe is your kind of thing, then definitely check out our Chipotle Queso Fundido recipe. It has melty cheese and chorizo scooped up with our Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips and we think is totally irresistible!
We would love to hear what you think of this recipe, be sure to leave a review after you’ve tried it! Scroll to the bottom of the recipe to find the comments section.
How to make it
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add a little olive oil.
- Cook the chorizo and break it up as much as possible with a spoon. Alternatively, wait until it’s cooked and chop it up very finely.
- After 10 minutes, add the sliced red onion. Stir regularly and cook for another 15 minutes, until starting to crisp up.
- Cut the bread into sandwich-sized pieces. Toast and leave aside.
- On the bottom piece of bread, spread a spoonful of Gran Luchito Chipotle Refried Beans, followed by a small handful of mozzarella. Place this under the grill until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, mash up the avocado and mix with the lime juice and coriander.
- When the chorizo and onion is nicely cooked, spoon some over the melted cheese and top with a dollop of Gran Luchito Chipotle Salsa. Spread the avocado over the top piece of bread, unite the halves and enjoy.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste