Chipotle Steak Salad
This super healthy chipotle steak salad is great for a low carb lunch or dinner with plenty of fresh vegetables and oodles of flavour. Cucumber, avocado, tomato & lettuce with a zingy dressing and chipotle marinated steak. What more do you need?
How to make it
- Rub the chipotle chilli paste into the steak and leave for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, make the dressing by mixing together the fish sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and thinly sliced lemon grass. Add the cucumber and spring onions and leave aside.
- Meanwhile, separate all the lettuce leaves and slice the bigger leaves into bite-sized chunks.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Add the steak and leave without moving it for 2 minutes. Flip and repeat for medium rare, or a little longer if you like your steak well done.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Meanwhile, add the avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, coriander and mint to the dressing and mix well.
- Place the dressed salad in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, then top with steak and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.