Chipotle Queso Fundido
This is pretty sinful eating, but every now and again you’ve got to live a little.
If you’re a big fan of cheese you can try using different hard cheeses in the mix.
This rich cheesy dish is perfect to dip into whilst watching a film, or works beautifully as a fairly rich little starter.
How to make it
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the spring onions and cook for 5 minutes, taking care not to burn them.
- Reserve a little of the chorizo, then add the rest to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chipotle chilli paste and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Return the pan to the heat, add the alcohol and bring to the boil, stirring for a minute or so to deglaze the pan by mixing in any bits of chorizo and onion that have stuck to the pan.
- Gradually add the cheeses a small handful at a time, stirring until one handful has melted before adding the next. Leave over a low heat.
- Fry the reserved chorizo for a few minutes until crisp.
- Pour the salsa over the cheese mixture and sprinkle with the fried chorizo and coriander. Serve with tortilla chips, whole tortillas, raw vegetables or all of the above.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste