Chipotle Honey Halloumi Couscous Salad
This is not just any couscous salad.
It boasts chunks of crispy Gran Luchito Chipotle Chilli Honey-glazed halloumi to start with. It is full of enticing textures, inspiring flavours and is a healthy option too.
It’s perfect for al fresco dining in the sun, equally at home on winter table and makes a great lunch box idea as a change from sandwiches.
How to make it
- Preheat the grill to a medium–high heat.
- Pour the couscous into a bowl and add a knob of butter. Add 400ml / 14fl. oz of boiling water, stir and cover with a plate. Leave for 5 minutes before fluffing up with a fork.
- Cover each slice of halloumi with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a little pepper. Place on a baking sheet and grill until golden and crisp. Flip them and crisp up the other side.
- Once cooked, cut the halloumi into small chunks and add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Chilli Honey. The heat from the halloumi will slightly melt the honey and allow you to stir it through the halloumi and glaze each chunk. Leave aside.
- Toast the walnuts lightly in a dry frying pan for a few minutes. Chop roughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the couscous, walnuts, sweetcorn, herbs, spring onions, glazed halloumi and a good slug of olive oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with warm flatbreads.