Uses Chipotle Paste
Chipotle Honey Glazed Ham
Whether it ‘s Christmas or not, a chipotle glazed ham is always a winner. Slowly cooked then glazed in our smoky Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey, this is a must-try. The key here is to make sure you baste the ham as it roasts so the honey has a chance to really get involved. Getting it nice and crispy on the outside is an absolute must as well.
2 hrs 15 Mins
How to make it
- Put the gammon joint in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add the onion, bay leaves and peppercorns. Bring to the boil over a low heat, the cover and simmer for about 1½ hours.
- Remove the gammon from the pan and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6). Remove the skin from the ham with a sharp knife and throw away.
- Criss-cross the fat layer with a sharp knife.
- Roast for 20–25 minutes or until it is golden and crispy.
- Brush the chipotle honey all over the ham, then cook for another 15 minutes, basting with the honey that melts off every now and again.
- Leave to rest before carving.
If you’re short on time, you could always buy a pre-cooked ham and begin from step 4.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Honey