Uses Chipotle Paste
Chicken and Black Bean Chipotle Soup
There’s nothing more comforting than a bowl of hearty warm soup during a cold winter’s day. It’s the best cure after a long day at work when all you want to do is get home quickly and have a lovely meal without all the effort. Well this is exactly what we had in mind when we created this Chicken and Black Bean Chipotle Soup recipe.
All the deliciousness of a hearty soup but without having to work in the kitchen for hours to make it. It’s also the perfect way to use that leftover rotisserie chicken in your fridge, or you can just buy slices of ready cooked chicken and shred them into smaller pieces.
Finishing your soup with crumbled tortilla chips on top is the icing on the cake. You can also add them into any soup, and we guarantee that you will love the amazing crunch and authentic corn taste that our Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips bring.
Lunch or Dinner
How to make it
- Chop your onion and garlic finely, add the oil to a deep saucepan and fry them gently.
- Add the Chipotle Paste and tomato paste, cook for a minute or two stirring continuously.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, stock and water, add the carrots, shredded chicken and bay leaf, simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes or so.
- Once your carrots are cooked add the Cantina Beans (plus juices) and season with salt and pepper, taste and adjust seasoning according to your preference, simmer your soup for another 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Serve your Chicken and Bean Chipotle soup hot, with a dollop of sour cream and crumbled Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips on top, enjoy!