Pulled Pork With Cheesy Grits
If you‘ve ever been to the US, chances are you’ll have come across cheesy grits. If not, think polenta (they’re both made from stone-ground cornmeal) with a smoother texture. Here we give you our Pulled Pork Cheesy Grits recipe!
We spiced up some leftover pulled pork with our Chipotle Paste and served it with deliciously rich buttery cheesy grits. If you’re struggling to get grits (we found it in the world food section of Tesco), you could substitute polenta instead.
How to make it
- Heat the water in a large saucepan until boiling.
- Add the grits/polenta and stir. Cook until water is absorbed, stirring very regularly (this will take about 30-40 mins).
- Once you’re happy with the consistency (it should be thick and gloopy), add the butter, cheese, salt & pepper. Stir through, remove from the heat and cover to retain heat.
- Heat the leftover pulled pork in the oven, covered with foil. When hot, stir through the Chipotle Paste (we used about 2tsp, but add more or less to your taste).
- Serve the pulled pork over the grits and sprinkle with chopped spring onion, a drizzle of olive oil and some black pepper.