Cheesy Green Bean Bake
This recipe is somewhere between an easy green bean casserole and a green bean bake. It’s a warming vegetarian idea where lovely fresh green beans are baked in a spiced up cheesy sauce topped with crispy breadcrumbs. Delicious as a side or serve a larger portion for a main meal.
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F, Gas 5).
- Add the green beans to a pan of boiling salted water and simmer for a couple of minutes, then drain (they need to retain their bite as they’re going in the oven).
- Mix the breadcrumbs with a little olive oil and the spring onions. Leave aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk the cornflour with the milk and chipotle paste. Bring to a simmer over low heat until it starts to thicken, stirring continuously.
- Add the Cheddar and Parmesan and stir until the sauce is nice and thick and all the cheese has melted.
- Combine the beans with the cheese sauce and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the breadcrumb mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the top is golden and crispy.