Uses Chipotle Honey
Cauliflower Steak With Romesco Sauce
Whether you‘re vegan or a full-on carnivore, you’re really going to enjoy this cauliflower steak recipe. After all, what’s there not to like about thick cut cauliflower steaks griddled and served on herby couscous with a Chipotle Paste romesco sauce. The spicy red pepper and almond sauce would work on a whole host of vegetables and meats, so don’t be afraid to experiment with it.
1 hour 5 mins
How to make it
TO MAKE THE ROMESCO
- Preheat the oven to 120°C (260°F, Gas ½).
- Put the pepper halves in a roasting pam with a garlic clove in each half. Top with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 45 minutes. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a dry pan and leave aside.
- Purée the peppers, skinned garlic cloves, chipotle chilli paste, almonds, tomato purée, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly add the olive oil to make a smooth paste.
TO MAKE THE CAULIFLOWER
- Cut the cauliflower(s) into 4 steaks. Heat the butter and a splash of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the cauliflower steaks and cook for a few minutes until golden. Flip and cook other side. Leave aside.
TO MAKE THE COUSCOUS
- Meanwhile, put the couscous into a bowl and pour over the boiling water. Add the butter, some salt and pepper and stir well. Cover and leave to steam for 5–10 minutes.
- Use a fork to separate the grains. Stir in half the parsley.
- Pile the couscous on plates, top with the cauliflower, smother with the sauce and sprinkle with the remaining parsley to serve.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste