Burritos are hearty and delicious and that’s why so many people love them! You can stuff them full of protein, beans and all sorts of veggies for freshness, ladle on the salsa and wrap it all up. But imagine a burrito with no limits. Our Burrito Bowl recipe with steak is everything you love about burritos but with a bowl so you don’t have to try to squeeze it all into just one tortilla!
This bowl is a meal in itself but we love having a stack of Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps for wrapping it up or sometimes we mix it up and serve with our Gran Luchito Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips. A starter of Chicken Nachos to share would be a great addition!
In our recipe we use steak but you could easily substitute chicken or portobello mushrooms for a veg option. Be sure to check out our Pulled Pork Burrito Bowl for a deliciously, smoky pork version.
Some More Burrito Recipes Collection
How to make it
- Prepare your steaks by covering in a little olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Heat a pan over a high heat, once very hot, add the steaks to the pan and cook to your preference. Rest the meat while you prepare the rest of the burrito bowl.
- Prepare the other ingredients: shred the lettuce, quarter the tomatoes, mix the sweetcorn with some chopped coriander, warm the Gran Luchito Refried Beans, slice the lime and warm the Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps.
- Slice the steak into thin strips and squeeze the lime over the strips.
- Add all the ingredients together in a large bowl/plate and serve with Gran Luchito Sliced Cactus and Gran Luchito Red Jalapeño.