Uses Chipotle Mayo
Baja Fish Tacos
Transport yourself to a sunny coastal town in Baja, Mexico with this baja fish taco recipe! A popular and delicious combination – this is a must-try.
Chunks of tasty fish in a crisp, chipotle and beer batter are wrapped up in soft tortillas topped with crunchy vegetables and fresh lime and Chipotle Mayo. You can use any white fish for the recipe so buy whatever is freshest when you visit the fish counter.
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat to 190°C (375°F), when a small piece of fish dropped into the oil bubbles on contact (or use a deep-fryer).
- In a second bowl, mix together the flour, beer, Chipotle Chilli Paste and baking powder to a thick batter.
- Place 2 or 3 tablespoons of flour into a third bowl. Season the fish with salt and pepper, then dust each piece in the flour and set aside.
- Dip each piece of fish in the batter, then lower into the hot oil. Do this in batches so as not to overfill the saucepan. Fry for 2–3 minutes until golden all over.
- Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper while you fry the remaining fish.
- Rub the corn with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a hot griddle pan and cook for about 6 minutes until beginning to char all over.
- Scrape off the kernels into a large bowl. Add the cabbage, spring onion and radishes, the juice of ó lime and a little pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Whisk together the Chipotle Chilli Mayo and the juice of lime. Warm the tortillas and double stack them when serving. Pile up with vegetable mix, top with a few pieces of fried fish, then drizzle over some of the mayo.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste