Uses Chipotle Paste
Bacon Onion Rings
If you fancy making yourself a little treat, try these tasty bacon onion rings.
We replaced the traditional breadcrumbs with streaky bacon, then roasted them until golden before brushing all over with our delicious chipotle honey.
If you can think of a better snack, we’ll eat our hat!
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6).
- Push out the middle of the onions (you can save these and use them for something else later) leaving the outer 2 layers.
- Cut the bacon in half lengthwise to leave thinner, more manageable lengths.
- Wrap each ring with the bacon until covered.
- Pop a metal skewer through the rings and suspend over an ovenproof dish. Alternatively, bake them on a tray on foil or baking parchment.
- Cook in the oven, turning every now and again, for about 20 minutes until the bacon starts to get crispy all over.
- Loosen the chipotle chilli honey with a splash of hot water, then brush over the rings before returning them to oven to finish off. Take care not to burn them.
- Remove when the honey glaze has turned golden and leave to cool.